Benefits of Starting Iftar by Datesrimnmodir
Iftar by Dates
Dates considered a blessed fruit are especially consumed during the Holy Month of Ramadan. It is not only a custom to have dates during this holy month, but also a delicious fruit to eat.
It is recommended to start Iftar by dates, as it provides the body with sugar, helping restore low blood sugar after fasting all day. One of the most common reasons for headaches during Ramadan is low blood sugar, so eating dates is beneficial at the start of Iftar. It is also recommended to eat dates on daily basis at morning.
Reasons to eat dates after fasting
1. Dates are easy to digest so they don’t exhaust your stomach after fasting.
2. Breaking the fast with dates can quickly bring down the great hunger and we will not rush into excessive food right after breaking the fast, which can cause digestion disorders.
3. Taking dates prepare our stomach to receive the food after being inactive through out the day by activating the release of digestive secretions and juices.
4. Dates are very rich with ‘natural’ sugary energy which is a best nutrient for the brain cells and nerves.
5. Dates protects us from having constipation as a result of change in the eating times or low fiber intakes during fasting days.
6. The alkaline salts in dates can adjust the acidity of blood. this case resulting from excessive intake of meat and carbohydrates which can cause a lot of hereditary diseases such as diabetes, gout, renal stones, gall bladder inflammations, high blood pressure and hemorrhoids.